Pick up a bag of Northern Chef’s Calamari rings at Sprouts for $6, add a few ingredients and you have a delicious meal for around $10!
- 1 bag Northern Chef’s Calamari rings and tentacles
- 2 Tablespoons of Grapeseed Oil
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 sliced Shallot
- 3 Sliced white mushrooms
- 1 Cup of white wine
- 1 Teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 5 Grape tomatoes sliced
- 3 Sprigs of Parsley [From the garden if you have]
- 3 Sprigs of fresh Basil [From the garden if you have]
- 3 Sprigs of Oregano [From the garden if you have]
- 1 Box of Barilla gluten free pasta
- Heat saucepan to high heat with a tablespoon of Grapeseed Oil.
- Remove Calamari from bag, rinse and pat dry.
- Add Calamari to the hot saucepan, saute quickly and evenly for about 2 min. remove Calamari from the pan and set aside.
- Turn down the heat from high to medium, add a little more grape seed oil if required.
- Add finely chopped garlic, wine, mushroom,shallot, Italian seasoning and fresh Oregano if you have some.
- Add a dash of water to the pan and simmer with a lid on for 10-15min.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, should be around 10min cooking time.
- Remove pasta and drain, rinse with cool water if necessary to avoid any sticking.
- Add Grape tomatoes, basil to the saucepan and stir.
- Add pasta to saucepan and stir. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle parsley on top. Enjoy!