Looking for a new summer smoothie recipe that will satisfy and tastes great? This Tropical Green is a good balance of fruits and vegetables, including ¼ of an avocado that satiates and helps provide the luscious, creamy texture. The coconut water helps keep you hydrated in high temps, and the lime juice and mango/pineapple provide a tropical flavor that is so welcome this time of year.
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup mango or pineapple, frozen
- 1 cup spinach
- ⅓ cup cucumber
- ¼ avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
Optional: 1 teaspoon honey (*not vegan) or 2-3 drops liquid stevia
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- If not sweet enough, add honey or stevia to your liking.
- Coconut water contains naturally-occurring electrolytes, including potassium, making it an excellent source of hydration – great for summer.
- There is an ongoing debate as to whether or not spinach should be considered a superfood — for good reason. Spinach is high in niacin, zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese. (Don’t forget this ingredient!)
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids and are rich in antioxidants; they also provide fiber, iron, and calcium.
- Mint promotes digestion. In fact, the very aroma of the herb activates the salivary glands as well as glands that secrete digestive enzymes.
[button href=”https://www.thehouseofyogi.com/pricing/” title=”Title” shape=”square” size=”large” block=”true” circle=”false” icon_only=”true” ] Click for Membership Information! [/button]